Monday, September 1, 2014

The Castle Project Chapter 6: Rapunzel's room

For Rapunzel's room, I didn't have enough of any one purple paper to do all three wall, so I decided to make the different patterns part of my design.  I used dark strips of purple to emulate exposed beams.  The floor was a labor of love, with dark purple paper going down first and "tiles" cut out of  origami paper my sister gave me.  As usual, the images from the film came from Disney and fan sites.  The furnishings and stained glass were all just found after mildly obsessively browsing through Google images.  The "gems" used for the frames were in the clearance bin at staples.  I just knew I'd have a use for them.  
After getting to the point in the pictures shown above, I thought I was done, but I found some family and wedding pictures on a fan site, and since Rapunzel reuniting with her family was a big part of the happy ending, I had to add them.  I might have gotten carried away, but this is a room for a girl who painted every inch of her room in the tower so it seemed apropos.  

 As with the other rooms with stained glass windows, I put a reverse image of the glass on the outside of the castle and framed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment