Monday, September 1, 2014

The Castle Project Chapter 5: Cinderella's room

I actually started work on the bedrooms with Cinderella, getting the walls, floor, ceiling and fireplace put in right away.  But finished her room a little later.  
I used Cinderella as the measuring doll for most of the beds, I'd started work on, but later learned, not all the dolls were the same size, an annoying discovery to say the least.  For some beds, the Boston Baked Beans boxes still worked fine, but for others, I cut down larger boxes.  I have a mild addiction to Good & Plenty, so the supply of these boxes is pretty much unending.  I simply cut the box to size.  In some of the later made beds, I put packing peanuts in the boxes to provide more strength to structure.  I've heard that princesses like to jump on beds.  
 
  After getting the box to the size desired, I covered the boxes with scrapbook paper and glued the headboard and footboards I'd printed on photo paper.  For the footboards, I printed a reverse image to glue on the back so the footboard would have two sides.  To get the images exactly the size I wanted, I used Word, because I could insert the images and size them exactly how I wanted them.  The photo programs I have all want to change the image to fit into a standard photo size.
The stained glass window over the bed is not as centered as I would like so I might, eventually add a light or another picture to distract.  The image of the fireplace came from the Cinderella room in the Disney castle.  I added the urns and the bed and settee just had the right feel.  I had the stickers used for the bed skirt and the picture frames in my scrapbook paraphernalia. The "art" and stained glass images came from Disney and fan sites.




 I placed a reverse image of the stained glass that hangs over the bed, onto the outside of the castle and framed it with painted craft wood, cut to size.


No comments:

Post a Comment